There is something about God’s favor that leaves people bewildered when they look at where you started and where the Lord has brought you. A media maven such as the beautiful Karen Civil is a prime example of the power of God’s Favor. Her career started on the internet as she diligently searched for other African-American fans of the Backstreet Boys. “I felt like I was alone in my taste for music but the internet made the world a lot smaller and I was able to see that I wasn’t alone. I just wanted to offer others a place to express themselves amongst other like-minded people” Ms. Civil said as she broke down her start into the music industry. The 30-year-old didn’t know at the time that an online message board she started would catapult her into internet stardom which would unlock and open doors she had never imagined. “When things started to happen I didn’t really know what was going on. I knew that I had ideas, I knew that I was passionate about music and people loved the fact that I had an organic way of making things happen” mentioned Karen while attending a brunch for Entrepreneurs within Chicago over the weekend.
- Instead of making an impression, leave your mark.
- You can’t have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic.
- Don’t speak in a place of hate, jealousy and insecurity. That’s a sure way to burn bridges.
- Be selective on what you allow your ears to hear, the words you choose to speak and the energy you let near you
- Dream it, believe it, achieve it.
- Create a vision board. Make a blessing jar.
- Build others and support them.
- Strangers will support you more than your close friends because it’s harder for friends to accept that you all came from the same place.
- Be motivated but not envious, be inspired and not jealous.
- Have patience and understanding to know when it’s your turn, and your light will shine.
- Love Life and it’ll Love you back.
- Success has nothing to do with what we accomplish for ourselves but the amount of hard work we put forward to others.
Scripture of the Day : 1 Timothy 4: 14-16 (NIV)
14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.
May the Lord Watch Between Me and Thee While We Are Absent One From The Other